With the time the record players have been created, there have been made some tremendous changes in its types. Most of the changes that take place are related to the turntable options. Previously there was a basic wheel drive which consisted of a rubber wheel.
But with the changing times, the wheel drive was replaced with a belt drive. Such changes were made to the record player because of the fact that a belt drive produces a better sound quality than a normal wheel drive. A belt drive exhibits properties like, elasticity and anti-vibrations which was reason behind a better sound quality.
The belt driven record players was further replaced with a direct drive with modified digital controls. The direct drive turntables were directly connected to the motor, which produced a finer sound quality.
Two of the most basic components of a record player are the turntable and a cartridge. The three basic components of a record player is described as follows,
- In order to read the groves of the record for converting them into sound, a needle is used in a record player.
- The second component of a record player is the turntable which is used to turn the record.
- The third component of a record player is the sound system which is responsible for the sound that comes out of the sound system. The sound produced is either through the conventional analogue system or the digital system. One of the major differences between the numerous types of record players available is the operation of turntable of every individual record player.
Which one to choose?
Vinyl record players have been by far the best in its kind because of the super amazing sound quality it has. But, if you are confused among the different types of record players available in the market, then you should go through the following points to select one of the best.
- The variety of sounds you will play from the record player is responsible for the selecting the type. The better the record player, more soothing sound quality is will exhibit.
- There are various new features that come with a record player, like USB connectivity, motor functioning, carbon fibre and more which acts as a deciding factor among the various types of record players available in the market.