Metabolism is basically the chemical process that maintains al our minimum body functions like breathing, digestion and even cell building. Absolutely everything we do would require energy, the energy that we get from the food we eat. The rate of our metabolism or metabolic rate is the overall amount of calories we need on a daily basis in order to function. The main difference of a fast and slow metabolism is the number of calories that we burn. Fast metabolism diet recipes are what people look for in order to lose weight under the said program.
Strawberry French Toast
Perfect for those under Phase 1 of the diet program, this recipe is good for a single serving. If you don’t particularly like strawberries then you can substitute it for other fruits
- 1 slice of sprouted grain bread
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon xylitol or stevia
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ cup of strawberries
- Mix the egg white, cinnamon and egg white in a mixing bowl.
- Soak the bread in the mix, make sure to coat all sides. There are those that don’t like soggy French toast, in case you do too then only coat all sides and not drench them.
- Grab a nonstick pan, set it to medium and place the bread on the hot pan.
- Turn it on both sides in order for it to cook well.
- While waiting for the bread to cook, grab another pan and heat up your strawberries on low heat.
- As the strawberries become softer, add the lemon juice as well as the xylitol or stevia and cook them until the mix is thoroughly warm.
- Grab a plate, place the toast and add the strawberries on top.